RHS Feedback - USAF
|View Issue Details|
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0005771||USAF||General||public||2020-06-26 04:46||2020-07-26 14:06|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version||0.5.3|
|Is it a wish/request?||No|
|Arma 3 version||1.98|
|Did you used any other mod when the error occurred?||No|
|Summary||0005771: DUKE system does not work on dedicated server|
|Description||The DUKE system used on a select number of RHSUSAF vehicles does not work on a dedicated server. This appears to be due to the use of enableSimulationGlobal in the duke_jammer function.|
The DUKE system appears to work in singleplayer and when the player is the host of a local multiplayer server (non-dedicated). This makes sense since the player would be the server in both of these cases, where enableSimulationGlobal is sufficient.
A suggested fix is to update the duke_jammer function to remoteExec the enableSimulationGlobal command on the server. I'm uncertain if this is the most performance friendly option, but the main loop of the duke_jammer only runs every 0.5 seconds so it may be acceptable.
|Steps To Reproduce||1. Load up the duke_test_vanilla_MP mission on a dedicated server. (Make sure you are logged in as admin)|
2. Start the mission and place a Large IED.
3. Get into the MRAP and enable the DUKE system. Confirm that it says DUKE online.
4. Scroll and touch-off the IED you placed. Notice how it explodes and that the DUKE system did not prevent it from exploding.
In the mission I've provided, I have made a variant of the duke_jammer function that uses remoteExec for the enableSimulationGlobal command. To see how this results in the intended behavior do the following:
1. Restart or reload the mission.
2. Place down a large IED.
3. Get into the MRAP.
4. Use the debug console to locally run the duke_test_2.sqf script included with the mission. (execVM "duke_test_2.sqf") Notice that the systemchat shows that simulation has been disabled for the IED.
5. Scroll wheel and attempt to touch-off the IED. Notice that the IED does not explode.
6. Drive approximately 50 meters away. Notice how the IED then explodes, as intended.
|Additional Information||Relevant RPT file: https://pastebin.com/dx2A8Uqw [^]|
Video showcasing behavior: https://youtu.be/1R2aZ53Ne3c [^]
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|Attached Files|| duke_test_vanilla_MP.Stratis.pbo (17,401) 2020-06-26 04:46|
|2020-06-26 04:46||Thoreaufare||New Issue|
|2020-06-26 04:46||Thoreaufare||File Added: duke_test_vanilla_MP.Stratis.pbo|
|2020-07-26 14:06||reyhard||Note Added: 0010880|
|2020-07-26 14:06||reyhard||Status||new => resolved|
|2020-07-26 14:06||reyhard||Fixed in Version||=> 0.5.3|
|2020-07-26 14:06||reyhard||Resolution||open => fixed|
|2020-07-26 14:06||reyhard||Assigned To||=> reyhard|